K-12 STEM Outreach
Additional WiSTEM community outreach is powered by WiSTEM Outreach Ambassadors. Requests for WiSTEM Outreach Ambassador support can be made through GivePulse. Due to the university’s academic calendar, undergraduate WiSTEM Ambassadors may not be able to accommodate all event and volunteer requests.
Request Volunteers via GivePulse
GivePulse is used to collect STEM volunteer requests and connect STEM volunteers to the requests. This includes connecting in our over 50 UT Austin Women in STEM Outreach Ambassadors, engineering role models with Central Texas Discover Engineering, STEM professionals who serve as volunteers with UT Austin Women in STEM and the Texas Girls Collaborative Project community, and other STEM role models in organizations throughout our community.
Tips for Making Requests on GivePulse:
- Submit via GivePulse with as much lead time as possible.
- Title the request clearly and describe it to capture the attention (examples: “Tomball ISD Girls STEAM Conference Seeks STEM Speakers” or “Volunteer in 3rd Grade at Grandview Elementary Science Class: Topic = Water”).
- Clearly describe the volunteer need in the text boxes available.
- Provide specific details on expectations, how to prepare, what they need to bring, etc.
- Be clear on the date/time of the event and when volunteers are needed.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to the GivePulse posting to be sure the request is connected to WiSTEM Outreach Ambassadors.
WiSTEM Outreach Ambassadors can help as:
- STEM activity facilitators and leaders
- presenters and guest speakers
- campus STEM tour guides
- science fair judges
- STEM Night activity facilitators
- STEM club mentors or role models
- and more!
Submit Volunteer Requests
GivePulse is a place for volunteers and donors to find and register for causes and activities in your area. Track your volunteer hours, donations or impacts and verify your engagement.
Find Outreach Events
STEM Starts is a comprehensive collection of these opportunities, connecting families and educators with quality resources, fostering collaboration between program providers and empowering youth for future success.