The Power of Effective Images
Photos provide the quickest and strongest emotional connection to the university. Our campus has a personality. Showcasing our scenic campus reinforces our brand and reminds people of the institution’s grandeur and the interesting people who populate it.
Quick Tip: Invest in Photography
Photography, while sometimes expensive, can dramatically increase your communication’s effectiveness. It is also a key component of DCCE’s brand and overall look and feel.
- For a list of recommended photographers, email DCCE Communications Team.
- Hire the best photographer you can afford with appropriate style.
- Follow the look and feel of Texas’ existing photography.
- Seek active and unexpected shots.
- Control the photographic color palette to achieve a bright, airy and modern feel.
Talent Release Form
Be sure to have subjects complete and sign a Talent Release form. This form should be retained on file by the department that will use images. It can be found at ucomm.utexas.edu/resources/photography
Graphic elements quickly deliniate your brand. By consistently using the same visual library across all your materials, you create a persona that is identifiable and builds credibilty and professionalism in the minds of your audience. Listed below are some details that can really set your materials apart from the constant noise arriving daily in inboxes.
Minimal and simple, these icons adhere to UT Austin brand standards and developed specifically for our use. Examples of icons at right.
Textures and patterns
Our textures and patterns draw references from UT Austin’s history, campus and buildings. It help creates authenticity and reinforces our brand.
A few simple guidelines whenever curating stock illustration or hiring freelancer for UT-related illustrations.
- Use photos to help with arms/legs
- Avoid details in face, hands, feet
- Only minimal shapes for recognizable context
- Keep it neutral