In 1987, UT Outreach began its long-standing presence in five cities: Austin, Dallas, Houston, Rio Grande Valley and San Antonio. In 2020, the five Outreach Centers, now known as Youth Engagement Centers, are supported by the Center for School Partnerships at The University of Texas at Austin. UT Youth Engagement-RGV works with 9th through 12th grade students in Title One schools in the McAllen, Mission, and PSJA area to assist them in their efforts to matriculate to institutions of higher education including The University of Texas at Austin.
We work with all interested students, and specifically focus on assisting:
- Top 25% students
- Top 10% students qualify to participate in the Longhorn Pre-College Academy
How We Serve Students
UT Youth Engagement Centers serve as an additional resource at targeted high schools working through the campus’s designated college facilitator. We work with students starting in the 9th grade and follow them through high school graduation. We do our best to ensure that students complete all of the necessary college readiness activities during their senior year in high school. These college readiness activities can include:
- Group and individual college advising
- Pre-college planning
- College Admissions application assistance
- Financial aid/Scholarship application assistance
- Community service events
- Leadership opportunities and enrichment activities
Why The UT Youth Engagement Center is the Right Program For You
- Are you interested in attending The University of Texas at Austin or any other college or university?
- Would you like advice and guidance on your college application process?
- Would you like to participate in activities that help prepare you for college?
- Would you like opportunities for financial aid workshops and other supports for you and your parents?
…then UT Youth Engagement is the program for YOU!