Personal and Professional Development
Through culturally relevant professional programming and workshops, RGV Familia works towards developing students’ leadership and workforce skills. Students have access to networking opportunities and UT Admissions student recruiter training with the opportunity to travel to the RGV for recruitment and retention events.
- Mock Interview workshop in collaboration with the Texas Career Engagement Center.
- Nepantla Leadership Series: an on going series that features distinguished Latinx speakers from the RGV. The events are aimed at empowering students and building personal and professional networks.
Parent and Family Programming
RGV Familia is dedicated to supporting parents and students through the college transition process as well as helping both make the most out of their UT Austin experience. Parents and families can enjoy a variety of events, workshops, and bilingual and bicultural programming geared towards nurturing students’ familial, cultural, and community connections.
- Semester care packages for parents and students
RGV Familia offers students the opportunity and space to share their unique experiences while learning to maximize their cultural capital through critical conversations. Students can look forward to cultural community-based events and networking opportunities with campus and community professionals from the RGV.
- Fall Welcome Bienvenida Event
- RGV Familia Bonfire
- La Voz del Valle/ The Voice of the Valley : A new program that will serve as a space for educational and cultural conversations around community practices and traditions of the South Texas borderland region.