Enrich the educational and professional pursuits of high school students through intentional programming, experiences, and relationships designed to grow leaders who will change the world through fulfilling individual purposes.
The UT Youth Engagement Center – Dallas staff will deliver services and programs that closely align with the State of Texas’ College and Career Readiness Cross-Disciplinary Standards and with The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board’s “Generation TX” College Readiness initiative. Each workshop, meeting, or event will be focused on College Readiness, College Access, and Career Readiness. Topics for workshops, meetings, and events include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Admissions Application Assistance
- Resume and Personal Statement Writing
- Financial Aid Application Assistance/Scholarship Assistance
- Community Service
- Leadership Development
Most applicants to The University of Texas at Austin apply for freshman admission. You should do the same, if you
- have graduated or will soon graduate from high school or receive a GED? and
- have not enrolled in another college or university after graduating from high school or earning a GED?
Visit the university’s Be A Longhorn website to get information on
- Freshman Admission
- Cost of Attendance
- Financial Aid
- Campus Housing
How we do the work
- College Access and Success Programming
- Professional Development
- Study Abroad (and other pertinent travel opportunities)
Our admitted seniors attended Longhorn Preview Day where they toured the campus and connected with our Division of Campus and Community Engagement team on campus!