Through the generosity of corporate partner Netspend, the Division of Campus and Community Engagement (DCCE) Office of the Vice President has developed a funding opportunity for students participating in DCCE programs to support their study abroad or internship experiences. The Netspend Scholars fund aims to support talented, under-resourced students impacted by economic and societal challenges so they may further develop their leadership skills while at UT. This intentional support will better prepare participating students for a global workforce. Qualified students participating in DCCE programs can apply for Netspend Scholars funding by following the guidelines detailed below.
Netspend Scholars Application 2023 – 2024
Applicants will be required to meet certain criteria, mentioned below, submit four short answer prompts, and upload their resume and electronic financial aid notification. This is a competitive scholarship and applicants are not guaranteed funding. Funds awarded will expire August 2024.
The number and amount of the scholarships awarded is dependent upon funding available and the number of applicants selected for awards (max award is up to $3,000).
Netspend Scholar 2023-2024 applications are currently open to undergraduate and graduate students, regardless of immigrant status, who:
- are served by (or are participating in) any Division of Campus and Community Engagement programs
- are actively involved in community engagement, student leadership, and demonstrate a genuine commitment to advancing principles of access and belonging
- preference given to students who have at least 60 course credit hours
- AND are enrolled full-time at The University of Texas at Austin for Fall 2023
Applications will be accepted now through 11:59pm on Friday, January 26th, 2023.
Notifications and Requirements
- Scholarship recipients will be notified via email prior to Friday, February 9th, 2024.
- Recipients will have until March 1, 2024 to submit all required post-notification documentation to receive their awards.
For any questions, please email executive director of strategic planning, Helen Wormington.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an online application here.
Netspend Scholars is an initiative of the Division of Campus and Community Engagement, made possible through the generous financial support of Netspend Corporation.
Office of the Vice President for Campus and Community Engagement
Main Building, 302
110 Inner Campus Drive
Austin, Texas 78712