- Disability Graduation
- Disability Specific Scholarships
- D&A Access Champion Awards
- D&A End of Year Student Survey
- D&A Inactivation Process for Graduates
Disability Graduation is Thursday, May 4th
- Disability Graduation is a time to honor our disabled graduates and those graduating with the Critical Disability Studies portfolio/minor!
- Disability and Access, Disability Cultural Center, and campus partners are excited to celebrate in person with those who RSVP’d on Thursday, May 4th from 9:30-11:30 a.m in the Glenn Maloney Assembly Room on the ground floor of the Student Service Building.
- For folks who would like to join the event virtually or have friends and family outside of Austin who wish to participate, we are excited to be offering the option to tune in virtually to watch the Disability Graduation speeches from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Please use the following link to sign up for the virtual option and share it with anyone you think may be interested: https://utexas.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_eaw1qH7uS-OyN03mrCTt3A#/registration
- Those who requested a Disability Graduation Celebration Package, and will not be attending graduation to receive it, can pick up their celebration package from the D&A office (SSB 4.206) during regular office hours, M-F 8am-5pm.
Disability Specific Scholarships
- There are many scholarships and funding opportunities at UT Austin that are available specifically for students with disabilities. Please visit D&A’s Scholarships Page to learn more about options that are available, necessary criteria, and how to apply.
Accessibility Champion Awards
- Every semester, Disability and Access asks students to nominate faculty or staff at UT for the Accessibility Champion Awards (formerly D&A Appreciation Awards). Nominees should have demonstrated excellence in ensuring all aspects of the university experience are accessible, inclusive, and welcoming to students with disabilities. This is a wonderful opportunity to show your appreciation to faculty or staff who have positively impacted your semester! If you have had a great experience with a faculty or staff member, please submit a nomination.
- Nominations will be accepted through Monday, May 8, 2023
- Nominate a faculty or staff member here: https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ekSN8gO1vNaedE2 .
D&A End of Year Student Surveys
- Disability and Access (D&A) would like to invite you to provide feedback on your experience as a student registered with D&A in the End of the Year Survey.
- Over 3,000 UT students are currently registered with D&A, and we currently have only 69 responses to this survey. D&A needs additional feedback in order to identify areas for improvement to the accommodation process and to share with UT Administration as we plan for future semesters. The survey is 24 questions, mostly in multiple choice format, and should take less than 10 minutes to complete.
- The survey will be open through Monday, May 8th. We appreciate your time in helping us improve the accommodation process at UT!
- Take the survey here: https://utexas.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bjXlBeu5fJDx0pM
D&A Inactivation Process for Graduates
- Congratulations to the upcoming graduates!
- We are so proud of your accomplishments and wish you all the best in your next adventure!
- D&A will be inactivating your file in the coming months and your file will be kept according to our record retention policy. You can find more information online at Reactivation and Maintenance of Records.
- May 4: Disability Graduation
- May 29: Memorial Day, D&A office is closed