Important Information about Priority Registration
Priority registration for undergraduate students to register for Summer and Fall 2020 classes will be on Monday, April 27th from 2 pm to midnight. Graduate and Law students typically register earlier in the day on the 27th (from 8-10 am). If you are not sure of your registration time and/or are in a professional school, please check online or ask your department/school.
General information about the registration process is available on the Texas One Stop Registration page.
To use priority registration please follow the steps below:
- Clear all advising and other bars prior to April 27th. If these bars are not cleared, you will not be able to register for classes. If your major requires advising, you must meet with an advisor within your department to have your advising bar cleared prior to registering for classes. If you are not sure if this applies to you, please contact your college
- In addition, if students have not updated their Emergency Contact information with the University they may be barred from registering. This will be designated as a “Dean of Students (D) Type E” bar and can be resolved by going to UT Direct and entering the necessary information.
- Check your Registration Information Sheet (RIS) to ensure your first registration time slot shows April 27th from 2pm-midnight. If you are approved for Priority Registration as an accommodation, have no bars and you do not see the Priority Registration time slot on your Registration Information Sheet (RIS) you MUST email your Disabilities Coordinator before Wednesday April 22nd at 12:00 pm. Upon receiving your email, they will take the necessary steps to fix this problem with the Registrar.
- Be sure to select the semester for which you are registering (Summer/Fall 2020). Do not select the current semester (Spring 2020) as registration for this semester has already taken place.
- Mark your calendar and register for your classes on April 27th between 2pm-midnight. If you miss this slot SSD cannot give you another early registration slot.
Questions about specific courses, advising or wait lists should be addressed with your academic advisor since SSD cannot answer these types of questions. Visit the Texas One Stop Registration page for more information.